Thursday, May 1, 2008

Madonna?

I saw you at the counter today. You looked the same, as always.

The same shoes, the same bracelet, the same way your hair is done.

Only that you didn't wear the ring I got you before.

I took a second glance and I thought, perhaps, that wasn't you. That could have been someone else that might have looked like you. It's possible. It's a fact that there's 7 people who look exactly like you in the world, who knows, another one of you could be there, just like you.

There's a 1 out of 7 chance it could be. Right?

No, it is you.

You pack in the same things that we used to before. The same milk, the same juice. The same brand of jam we like on our toast.

The portions are meant for two and I wonder who it is you're seeing right now.

I should have said Hi as I pushed my cart towards the cashier. I should have.

But I didn't.

No comments:

The Calm Hum of The Radio